Please send us your best creative writing; it can be on any theme, but make sure it is your original work.
To enter please ensure your work falls into one of the categories below:
- Short story – no longer than 4,000 words
- Poem – maximum of 100 lines
- A piece of Journalism (factual), Blog, or article for the web – no more than 1,000 words
Please make sure your entry is:
- Typed in Arial 12 pt black font
- Lines to be double-spaced
- All pages numbered
- Your name must not appear anywhere on the page or document
- The name of the story and word count to be included within the header on every page
Your work should be based on reality or fiction, an aspiration, about you, your family, friends or people you don’t know.
Please note your entry will be rejected if it does not follow the entry rules. You need to send us a separate statement detailing your inspiration for what you have written, and why you feel it is important to write about it.
The judges recommend you ask someone to read through your work, and check your grammar and spelling as you may be marked down for errors.