To enter the Dance category you must identify yourself as one or more of the following:
- A dancer
- A group leader
- A group of dancers/choreographers
- A choreographer
In order to be eligible to enter the Young Creative Awards, you must either live, work, study or create dance activity in Nottingham.
Your dance activity, choreography or leadership work can be focused on any theme or idea, or no theme at all.
If you are submitting a group application, the form must be completed by a young person, whether they are the group leader or not. Anyone over the age of 24, on the closing date of the competition, cannot submit an application to the Awards on a young person’s behalf.
- Complete the online application form and in the 300 word statement explain the following:
- Why you have entered the Awards
- What your role is within the dance activity
- How the dance activity that you are involved with has developed your skills (dance and other skills).
- Tell us about any live performances, events or workshops that the judging panel can attend to see your work live. Please enter details in the Other Information box on the application form.
- Submit supporting evidence about your work (see below).
Please provide supporting evidence for your dance work. This can be submitted as:
- Video link of rehearsal or performance footage with any passwords needed
- Video clip of yourself talking, describing your dance work
- Link to a website featuring your work
- Any other way of demonstrating why you should be considered for a dance award
The more evidence you send the more the panel will know about you. Please ensure you put web links and passwords in the Other Information box of the application form. If you are having difficulties uploading video links please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dance4 .
You can also contact Dance4 to discuss your application in more detail: 0115 924 2016.