To enter the Dance category your dance activity, choreography or leadership work can be focused on any theme or idea or no theme at all. Applicants must identify themselves as one or more of the following:
Your application should demonstrate you dancing in your own or other choreographer’s work.
You should submit work which you have created on yourself and/or on other dancers.
Your application should evidence your work with other dancers/dance professionals and/or your leadership work in dance.
A group of dancers/choreographers
One person should apply on behalf of a group entry. A group leader can apply for the group but must identify the young people’s involvement and where possible involve them in the application process. Group applications should identify themselves in the age category which reflects most of the group members’ ages. Group applications should demonstrate group performances or choreography where each group member has contributed to the overall content.
How to apply:
1. Complete the online application form and in the 300-word statement explain the following:
• Why you have entered the awards
• What your/your group’s role is within the dance activity
• How the dance activity has developed your skills (dance and other skills)
2. Tell us about any live performances, events or workshops that the judging panel can attend to see your work live. Please enter details in the Other Information box on the application form.
3. Submit supporting evidence about your work, which should be one or more of the following:
• Video links of rehearsal or performance footage with any passwords needed
• Videos of yourself talking, describing your dance work
• Links to websites featuring your work
The more evidence you send, the more the panel will know about you.
Please ensure you put web links and passwords in the Other Information box of the application form.
Contact Dance4 for support with your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0115 924 2016.